What is TNPSC exam ?
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu which is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state's public service.
What is the eligibility Criteria for TNPSC ?
Candidates applying for the group -1 & 2 examination should have a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates applying for the group -3 examinations should have a Higher Secondary qualification. Candidates applying for the group -4 examinations should have a SSLC qualification. Candidates applying for the Engineering stream should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Is there any limits on number of attempts for TNPSC ?
No, there is not any limit on number of attempts.
What is the age relaxation for TNPSC ?
18 ~ 30 years. Age relaxation upto 6 years on specified category.
How to apply for TNPSC ?
Candidates are required to apply only on online using the link www.tnpsc.gov.in
What is the fee for applying TNPSC ?
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only). For one time registered candidates Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty only)
What will be the cut off for prelims?
It will be around 50 ~ 80% of marks and also vary according to the average marks of the candidates.
How to prepare for the test ?
We MODELEXAM® providing you Free mock test and PREMIUM Mock Test
What documents are required for application form?
Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
What is the mode of paying application fee?
Cash can be paid through SBI bank with the download fee receipt.
Services / Posts
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
Vacancy List on 2017:
- Ccse-i (group-i services) (vacancies: 85)
- Superintendent of approved schools for boys (vacancies: 3)
- Psychologist in various depts (vacancies: 5)
- Executive officer grade iii (group-viib services) (vacancies: 29)
- Executive officer grade iv (group-viii services) (vacancies: 49)
- Superintendent, garments and holdall making unit, vellore (vacancy: 1)
- Assistant director of handlooms and textiles (vacancies: 12)
- Jailor in tn jail service (vacancies: 6)
- Social case work expert (vacancies: 3)
- Hostel superintendent cum physical training officer in tn employment and training sub. Service (vacancies: 27)
- Assistant geologist in geology and mining subordinate service (vacancies:25)
- Assistant geologist in ground water wing (pwd) in engineering subordinate service (vacancies: 15)
- Assistant geologist in agricultural engineering subordinate service (vacancies: 10)
- Assistant works manager in the govt. Press in tn stationery and printing service (vacancies: 3)
- Assistant agricultural officer in the tn agricultural extension subordinate service (vacancies: 326)
- Assistant director of industries and commerce in (industrial co-operatives) tn industries service (vacancies: 4)
- Combined civil services examination - ii (group-iia services - non-interview post) (vacancies: 682)
- Tourist officer - tn general service (vacancies:5)
- Cese:- assistant director of industrial safety & health (vacancies: 14)
- Automobile engineer in police transport workshopcum-training school, avadi and trichy (vacancies:2)
- Statistician in the medical subordinate service (vacancies: 30)
- Assistant professor of radiology physics in tn medical service (vacancies:15)
- Village administrative officer in ministrial service (vacancies: 494)
- College librarian in tn collegiate educational service (vacancies: 21)
- Group-viia services: eo grade - i in the department of hr & ce (vacancies: 2)
- Junior analyst in medical subordinate service (vacancies: 11)
- Group-ia services : assistant conservator of forests (vacancies: 14)
- Assistant director of horticulture in tamil nadu horticultural service (vacancies: 100)
- Group-iv services (vacancies:1788)